Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wooster

In a few days, Anthony and I will be heading off to the Ohio Light Opera where he will be singing for the fourth summer.   I am finding myself looking forward to the quaintness of the quiet town.  A few summers ago when I first arrived in Wooster I thought that the town was rundown and dying.  Now I have been to Binghamton and understand that Wooster is still in excellent shape.  There are still new developments being built in the area and it is still attracting new commerce.  Honestly I am not sure if it is attracting any new industries, but hope still has a presence in the small – all American town.   Spending time in a town where hope has not died will be a wonderful thing after the time we have had in New York (not the city). 

Last weekend we stayed a couple of nights in Wooster – to take a few things down and for an audition in Dayton.  By the time we had been there just a few hours Anthony was acting more like his energetic – excited – motivated self than I had seen him act in several months.  I also found my spirits lifted – people there had nice things to say and were interested in having short, but very human sorts of conversations.  The clerk at the hotel recognized Anthony and me from last summer.  It is a small thing, but makes a difference and is so nice.  I am not sure what I will be doing for employment for the summer, but nonetheless I am finding myself looking forward to our few months in the humid, warm, green, hopeful paradise that is Wooster, Ohio. 

4 comments:

Desiree said...

So I actually wrote that late last week, but did not have a chance to post it.

We are now in Wooster and are starting to feel settled. We are living in the same house we lived in last summer. We will keep you posted on what is happening.

Anonymous said...

AWWWwww. I miss you guys SO MUCH! I'm sure I'll enjoy Utah, but I've been having a hard time knowing that OLO is going on already...

Sister said...

I miss you. How's the cinnamon bear?

Unknown said...

Glad ya made it to Wooster. Also glad yer outta NY.

I look forward to photos of the OLO and surrounding area (hint, hint.)

I've been busier than a 3-tailed cat under a rocking chair. Lots of photo shoots, even making a little money at it. Not much, but some.

I dunno if I told ya, but the truck and El Camino are gone...and I'm doing "personal downsizing." I guess I'm starting to think a little like youse guys and I'm doing my best to get rid of stuff that I don't need. And then I go buy a $1300 len...and I'm lusting after a $1000 wide-angle zoom. It's a horrible addiction. :)

I hope all's well with ya.

Love,

De ol rat