Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blog

One of the reasons I started a blog is so that I could keep people up to date on our adventures.  I have found it to be a difficult task.  I don’t want to say too much that is negative.  I prefer being positive.  I want to tell everyone everything that is happening, but not much is happening.  It ends up that the life of a young opera singer and his wife is not all that exciting.  I go to work every day – and try to be there by 8:00 AM.  I take a lunch starting somewhere between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM.  I leave work at 5:00 PM.  I arrive home between 5:15 and 5:20.  Anthony generally has at least a few hours during the day at home with not much scheduled, so the dishes are always done and dinner is frequently already on the stove or in the oven.  We sit down and have dinner and a bit of conversation and maybe play a game.  Then, Anthony frequently leaves in the evening for some sort of rehearsal. 

Honestly, it almost feels like it did a few years ago, before I  went back to school and Anthony spent his evenings doing community theatre.  It is a little uncanny.  This time though, I know it is furthering opera opportunities – well, at least we hope it is.

2 comments:

Emilia said...

So what's next? Where are you for the summer? Next year? Update me!!! :) Glad to hear things are going well!

Anthony said...

We will be at OLO for the summer again. After that the path is broad and uncluttered with inconvenient things like... say... gigs. One more audition to go, though. Maybe you could assassinate some tenors in Utah for me? How about you?