Monday, May 4, 2009

Eyes

A few weeks ago Anthony and I went and had eye exams.  It was not such a big thing, until we went to pay… Holy Cow!  Expensive!  I just hope that my new glasses (once I get them) last six years like my current ones have, although comparatively, the frames were not too expensive.   Those darned lenses… too bad they are the part that Anthony and I need to actually see.  

Speaking of seeing, I was not expecting to have to have my eyes dilated… well it happened, and boy, my pupils got nearly as big as my irises.   It looked like I was possessed or something as I was looking in the mirror at possible frames.  I am not even sure what some of them looked like because all I could really focus on was how crazy my eyes looked.  It is a good thing that we went back later to look at glasses again, otherwise who knows what I would have chosen.  Scary thought.  The other problem with having my eyes dilated is that I had to wear those stupid plastic inserts you put between your face and your glasses to block some of the light.  Apparently, the inserts were not made for people like me – they rested about an inch above the glasses and refused to rest straight up and down, but instead rested just below my lower eyelids, causing me to blink way too often.  Not only that, but the drops made me nauseous and a little sleepy.  I don’t know about you, but excessive blinking plus tired while driving is not a good combination.  Oh, well. The nausea passed and I stayed awake the rest of the day at work and nobody died as a result of my driving.  In addition to that, in about a week I will have a new pair of glasses.  Nobody will recognize me – I will look so different.  Not only that, I will see them better too.

1 comment:

Sister said...

I bet you look freaking cute in your new glasses! When you were saying that you couldn't focus on the glasses because o' the huge pupil thing, I though o' Valerie--and how her pupils are frequently HUGE--and how sometimes I can't focus on what she's saying because I just can't get over how huge her pupils are! Oh how I love you two. the best sisters anyone could ask for. xoxo